Showing these pieces is a tad embarrassing as some of them are a bit wonky, but what can I expect when I am trying something new?? This is the first thing I have ever sawed out of a sheet of copper:
|It's so wonky! And this is actually the back of the piece - my hammering on the front is so awful that I ended up preferring this side!|
Here I attempted an ivy leaf - I love leaves and I think you will see a lot of leaf shapes from me. Again it is a bit wonky - but getting better! I need to sort out the chain on this though - the idea is there but I'm not quite happy with it.
Next I tried out a shape I really love the look of - a crescent I've seen plenty of jewellery I really admire using this kind of shape as a base, so I though I would give it a go -
And I loved it! So much so in fact that I spent several hours sawing crescents out of copper sheet. I made another necklace, with denser dangles as I felt the one above looked a little spare. Sorry for the fuzzy photo, it was taken in a bit of a hurry and a master of photography I am NOT! The distinct lack of sunlight recently doesn't help either...
|I do love me some dangly bits :)|
Carrying on with the crescent theme I made these earrings which will be a gift for a friend. She loves big dangly earrings and I was struggling to come up with a design I liked before the idea for these surfaced in my minds eye. They are basically just like the first necklace above, but on a smaller scale -
|The two bases aren't actually different colours - that's just my pooey photography skills at play again...|
|Do excuse my mucky yucky windowsill...|
Anyway, here's to starting the long and wondrous path to metalworking! And to managing not to saw my fingers off!