Friday 20 January 2017

Back In The Swing of Things!

So, the second half of 2016 was pretty rubbish for me.  It started with the Brexit referendum result, which I was not all too pleased with - I dislike the corporate, bureaucratic structure of the EU but don't believe this is the right time or way to leave.

I then went on to break my foot, be unpleasantly forced to move house due to my ex-landlord's incompetence and lose my grandma and a close family friend all with in a few months.  Not great and not conducive to getting jewellery work done!  Especially as I was without an internet connection for quite a while (excuses, excuses excuses ;)

I am pretty glad to see the back of 2016 to say the least!  Roll on 2017 and hopefully much brighter days.  I am resolved to push forward and make improvements in both my personal life and my jewellery making ventures.  As such I have set myself some goals for this year including:
  • Boosting my Etsy inventory to at least 60 items
  • Building my social media profile
  • Finding alternative venues to sell my jewellery
  • Developing my metal-working skills
  • Improving my photography
  • Getting a piece of work published
I have been very productive so far this year and hope to reach my first goal by mid-February.  Earrings seem to be a good way to go for this challenge, they are quick to produce and are great for experimenting with new colours and techniques.

Here are a few of my latest creations to round out the post :)

Featuring lampwork beads and ceramic decal components from Scorched Earth.
Find them on Etsy here!
Lampwork discs by Helen Chalmers and ceramic drops from Scorched Earth.
Find them on Etsy here!
Lampwork beads by Rob Johnson, ceramic decal components from Scorched Earth.
Find them on Etsy here!
Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Your earrings are so beautiful. I love the pair in the last picture. It seems like you’re organized and ready to hit your goals for the new year. I’m not sure how many social media profiles you are planning to build for your business, but I suggest building a profile on Instagram if you have not done that already..

    Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

    ReplyDelete